Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Striper Hunter

Took the yak out in saugerties this morning and landed a 26" which I kept and another one at 34". Caught them both on chunk, i had numerous other quick run and drops but only managed to get the two. All my bites the past couple days have been really lite and finicky so hooking up has definitely been a bit more challenging then usual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Default Re: 2016 STRIPER REPORTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondak46 View Post
Sorry for the pic rotation, don't know how that happened.
HAHA no worries.

SOLID fish too.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripahhtrain View Post
Took the yak out in saugerties this morning and landed a 26" which I kept and another one at 34". Caught them both on chunk, i had numerous other quick run and drops but only managed to get the two. All my bites the past couple days have been really lite and finicky so hooking up has definitely been a bit more challenging then usual.
Run stringer hooks two snelled size 6/0 works good one in the nose and in the tail

Old 04-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Striper Hunter

** stinger hooks stupid spell check
Old 04-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
** stinger hooks stupid spell check
I was using chunk today but that's a good idea, I remember used to do that but stopped for some reason. I'll have to try it again.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Striper Hunter

I use them for live and chunk they work great
Old 04-21-2016, 12:50 PM
absolute trophy hunter

Lock the reels up if they hit it hard they set them self and I stick em right out of the holder. If it don't bend right over keep an eye out for slack bites. Most of the fish I got this weekend looked liked they dropped it. Barely twitched the rod. Had to reel to catch up and swing, sure enough there was a striper. Typical early season bite but I get alot of bites from big fish like that on chunk all sEason as well. You'd be amazed how many little dink dunks on the. Rod end up being a striper
Old 04-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justneedthat1bite View Post
Lock the reels up if they hit it hard they set them self and I stick em right out of the holder. If it don't bend right over keep an eye out for slack bites. Most of the fish I got this weekend looked liked they dropped it. Barely twitched the rod. Had to reel to catch up and swing, sure enough there was a striper. Typical early season bite but I get alot of bites from big fish like that on chunk all sEason as well. You'd be amazed how many little dink dunks on the. Rod end up being a striper
I actually got two fish yesterday that hit and went slack so I reeled up and exactly like you said there was a fish on. Locking the reel up seems like a good plan tho, I probably could have had a few more today if I did that so next time I'll give it a shot.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:34 PM
absolute trophy hunter

Feel like I notice it happen alot more when I'm fishing humps or slants mid depth to shallow. Specially when close to deep water they seem to grab it and turn for deeper water. Tend to get alot more bites like That. I've had em under the boat and on the other side before I could stick em as quick as I could.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 PM
schweinhund

Launched my boat and fished solo in GC today. Bait was very easy. Two run and drops, two pop-offs, and 7 boated. 27, 38, 34.5, 38.5, 33, 34.5 and a 39.75" which is my pb.
It took nearly 50 minutes to net. The other boats around me couldn't believe the fight it put up. We all thought it was a monster. 20 mins into the fight my other pole went off. Luckily that one didn't put up much of a fight and I got it in quick while holding my other pole between my legs.

To top it off, one of the fish had a $100 tag. Though a little part of me is disappointed that I'm still striving for that 40+ incher after all these years... it was a damn good day on the water to say the least.

Personal best: 42"
Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 PM
Official Member

First night out, lost a slob after about 10 min crossed another line and ping she gone!!! Hering were around, every cpl cast would have a follow but not any multiple chasers. No others runs. Outgoing tide but better than sitting home.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:58 PM
Tyee

Took daughter n nephew to day, lost nephews first one at boat, he didn't care was having more fun catching bait, 15 year old daughter caught some herring n then , we'll need I say more lol, good times with the kids
Old 04-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Quote:
and 7 boated. 27, 38, 34.5, 38.5, 33, 34.5 and a 39.75" which is my pb

KILLER outing man , WTG !!! And soooooo close on that damn 40 !
Old 04-21-2016, 09:28 PM
schweinhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbrian View Post

KILLER outing man , WTG !!! And soooooo close on that damn 40 !
Thanks. So close yet sooooo far. I may have nightmares lol

Personal best: 42"
Old 04-21-2016, 09:36 PM
First Mate

Sounds like the bigger fish are in town. Hopefully I can maintain the numbers my father and I have been putting up, but with larger fish. We have boated 30 striper this year already, not counting the few runts. Biggest is just under 36 and the last two trips my father and I have made yielded us 21 fish total!! I can't even believe how well we are doing this season. Have not been skunked yet, unless you count fishing for herring!!!! I'll be at it again on Monday rain or shine. Wish I could get out sooner. I look forward to reading posts from you folks, as I'm working a short stint in Pittsfield mass this week and next. Damn hotel living... And so far from my boat!!!!
Closed Thread