Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 10-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Official Member

Default New to the Forum Introduction; hello, I'm Johnny

Hello all.
My name is Johnny, I hail from the North Shore, North Fork of eastern Long Island, Noo Yawk.
I found this forum recently, as I have gotten back to my love of all things fishing after a 12 year or so absence. I broke my back on the job, and everything physical I used to do went bye bye.
I have been surfcasting for the past two months or so, getting used to using those muscles required to cast. It's been a slow progression but even if I can only be casting for 15 minutes, it is an amazing feeling to be fishing again.
When I was a kid, I used to fish with my cousins every day in the summer from their, maybe, 14 foot wooden skiff, with a 5 hp. Happy days those were !!! We'd pack up the shopping cart with everything we needed for the day of fishing, and walk about 3 miles to the boatyard.
Coming back to my roots, so to speak, and fishing again has been making me feel like a kid again, with all of the excitement and feelings. I am physically handicapped, but not mentally, and I will do all I can to make my body able to fish ! I'm loving it. I invested in a lighter (weighted) rod and reel combo that unquestionably has enabled me to spend more time fishing.
I went with a St. Croix Avid surf 9'6" medium/heavy power, moderate/fast action I believe, and coupled it with a Quantum Cabo 60 reel.
This is a great forum, I am thankful to those that run it and to all those that post here. I have gained much knowledge from my readings thus far on this forum, and I am looking forward to reading and learning and meeting as many as the good people on here as possible.

Happy Fishing to y'all.

Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Pro Staff

Default Re: New to the Forum Introduction; hello, I'm Johnny

Welcome aboard!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Official Member

Thank you for welcoming me Jake.

In my introductory post, I stated that my new rod was a St. Croix Avid Surf 9'6".....check that, I made an error. It is a 9 foot rod, and has medium power, moderate/fast action. My apologies for not fact checking it exactly before I posted.
I purchased a few new Super St#&@+ lures today at one of my local "new", to me, tackle shops. I think I'll head on over to the forum section on tackle and post something there on my new acquisitions, after I've given them some action, and give a read to what other forum members have to say about the same lures.
Thanks again Jake for your welcoming me aboard!
There's such a vast array and wealth of excellent information as well as tremendous amounts of knowledge posted here on this forum for me to soak in & sponge up. I'm considering myself lucky to have happened upon it!