Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 04-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Striper Hunter

Question Hudson River Newb

Hey every one , I am new to fishing for Stipers and Fishing the Hudson River (Albany area) and am trying to find the right pole for the job. Sooooo I plan to fish...from shore.. w/ chunk and live herring.....1-3 oz weights ...25lb test mono ... fish finder rigs....w/ a spinning Bait-Runner reel. I have been leaning towards the Ugly Stick 8 foot(?) medium and medium/heavy(?) poles. Trying not to break the bank the reel was $45 and am willing to be in the sameball parkfor rod.
Thanks guys any advise would be great ...Also I wanted to say that I am vary glad I joined and have been enjoying the threads ..so far everything i know has come from these forums and hopefully I will be able to return the favor some day ...THANKS-K

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Hudson River Newb

KHonda My advice Take a trip down to catskill and go to River basin sports. All of your questions will be answered and you will get to see
all of the choices. Very nice people I was in your shoes several weeks ago.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Striper Hunter

okay i will look into doing that thank you

Old 05-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khonda65 View Post
Hey every one , I am new to fishing for Stipers and Fishing the Hudson River (Albany area) and am trying to find the right pole for the job. Sooooo I plan to fish...from shore.. w/ chunk and live herring.....1-3 oz weights ...25lb test mono ... fish finder rigs....w/ a spinning Bait-Runner reel. I have been leaning towards the Ugly Stick 8 foot(?) medium and medium/heavy(?) poles. Trying not to break the bank the reel was $45 and am willing to be in the sameball parkfor rod.
Thanks guys any advise would be great ...Also I wanted to say that I am vary glad I joined and have been enjoying the threads ..so far everything i know has come from these
forums and hopefully I will be able to return the favor some day ...THANKS-K
cant go rong with uglies all I use on my boat and shore