Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 AM
Official Member

Default New guy hooked for the most part

Hello. My names Jerry and I'm 32 years young. I haven't done much fishing at Raystown Lake but grew up in Portage PA which is only like 40 minutes from the lake. I fished a lot growing up but mostly pan fish and bass in the smaller lakes and dams around home. I fished for stripers the first time about 5 or 6 years ago and caught nada. I made a second attempt and caught 3 that night! Hooked is all I could say. I haven't gotten out much maybe 1 or 2 times a year but I completely love it. Fish mostly down near the spillway along the rocks throwing plugs at night. I guess I'm looking for somebody to show me the ropes. I plan on buying a boat in the next few years but can still use good ole dads boat whenever I want. Just had a baby this past November and can't wait till he's old enough to get out on the lake with me! Looking forward to talking to everybody on here and getting to know these underwater giants. Thanks and have a good day everybody!