Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Revere/Lynn/Winthrop Surfcasting

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BigK 
#1 ·
I've been fishing for most of my 28 years but just gotten into surf casting the past few months. After going out about 7 or 8 times in the past few weeks, Im getting skunked everytime. I realize that I'm very green and have ALOT to learn. And this is a process that will take a lifetime. Ive been reading this site for hours everyday, trying to learn everything I can. I've used clams, macks, bucktails, fake eels, crippled herring, rattle trap, storm wildeye shads. Maybe I'm not casting far enough and need to invest in waders? I'm just curious if anyone else is hooking up from shore in this area, so I know if I'm doing something wrong or it's everyone. Thanks for your time and help.

#2 ·
I haven't fished that area, but it's been spotty on the southcoast and Rhode Island for a while. I've found a few fish here and there, but nothing consistent in the last few weeks. Either way, get some decent waders, you'll be glad you did :icon_thumright:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.