Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Old Hickory Dam/Stones River....

14K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AlanT 
#1 ·
Doesnt look like a lot of activity in this part of the Forum....If you are Fishing these areas Im sure we have run into each other as I fish 3-4 times a week year around....Had a pretty good summer this year on the Stripers....had a few pushing 30+lbs .......went to Percy Priest Wedensday after getting bait from below Old Hickory had 4 hybrids pushing 15 lbs...(live like 5 mins away from the Dam)....If your fishing these areas let me know......

#4 ·
Thanks Jake,
Doesnt seem to be much activity in this section of the Forum.....I dont know why,we have one of the best in shore fisherys for the Stripers....as of now the State record is 65 lbs, with ALOT for 30 lb plus fish caught year around.....I have caught well over 15 30 lb + fish this summer with a boat load of 20 lb + fish......My buddy did the video...I gotta invest in one of those Go Pros, its a nice camera set up......

#5 ·
Awesome! Sounds like you're having a great season. My sister & brother-in-law live just northwest of Nashville, and he's an avid outdoorsman. Not sure if he ever fishes that area or not,,, I'll have to ask him sometime.

It would certainly be nice to see this section of the board be more active. Get your buddies to join up and liven the place up a little :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

#7 ·
Havent heard from ya or run across ya down there , heres what I did this morning, only 2 fish but this one made my week....had to drag him away from the rock pile, think he new what he was trying to doth_icon_splitform.g:.....they have 5 spillways cracked, today was the first day with 5 cracked, they have had 2 for a while and its been hit or miss...had a great day last Tuesday....9 fish from 15 to
25 lbs......dont know what it weighed, but it was BIGGER than the 44pounder I caught years ago.....laughing7.gif

This one is from June 15th on my fishing boat....I dont usually keep Stripers, some one from work has been bugging me for a couple of them...SOOOO....this video was from the 15th........working the trolling motor and dealing with the current is tough on a one legged dude....LOL

#8 ·
Been fishing priest for striper, this month as my boat was in the shop for two months...fish story in itself..anyhow tried seven points, down by Hobson pike, and the dam...tried trolling with live shiners, and some shad...damn fish just are not biting...I have 6 poles in the water...any idea what is going on? The lake seems to be turning over and lots of rain..seven points dock was under water yesterday. I need a new spot or are they in no bite mode?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.