Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Wire Line

Tags
line wire
3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JakeF 
#1 ·
I've never used wire line before but plan on using it this year. Anyways, I'll be using a penn senator 114h reel. Again I've never used this type of set up before so how much will this cost me? Do I spool my whole reel with the wire or only some? Do I use a mono leader.....arent stripers "line sensative"? Also I plan on fishing some tubes with this wire line.....any color suggestions or other tips? Also I've heard that the tube is made to imitate an eel... but some people put a seaworm on the tube also. How unnatural can you get? I'm not doubting it cause I've seen it work before but what is a tube AND a worm supposed to imitate? Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

#4 ·
I spooled up my penn 114h today.....cost my $25 dollars which is no problem....anyways any answers to the tube question....How does a RED tube with a SEAWORM supposed to imitate an eel or anything that is actually located in the ocean? Just wondering....there must be a scientific reason or something that triggers a response from the fish....I've seen other lures catch many fish before and these lures resemble nothing natural and look like nothing that I've ever seen before on land, sea or in the air.

#5 ·
Good question on the tube, I've seen it discussed many times, some say it looks like a big worm, some say it looks like a skinny eel... one thing EVERYONE aggres with, the darn things catch fish.... lots of them.. but the worm is a miust.. without it's virtualy useless.....

Troll that puppy as slow as you can, then go slower, some people like them to spin,i prefer to make them snake, dipping and diving from side to side, dont be afraid to experiment....

#6 ·
hey....if the tube works then that's all i need to know....was just curious why it was so effective.....i think it has something to do with a natural reaction for the fish.... seeing such an "attractive" bait...the fish has to respond it dosnt think twice...thats what i always thought but wanted to see everyone elses oppinion....thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.