Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

MS Gulf Coast Stripers

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  USM Bass Tracker 
#1 ·
I am conducting research at USM- GCRL on striped bass (SB) habitat use within MS coastal rivers. I am in the preliminary part of the research, mainly looking for sites that can produce enough specimens to track and study.

I am originally from the northeast and have fished for SB there, however the Gulf SB are a bit different. I was wondering if you guys could tell me some bait and methods, possibly locations where you consistently catch striped bass.

Thanks in advance.

fish.gif

#2 ·
Gulf Coast Research Laboratory in Ocean Springs, MS is having a Mississippi Marine Fisheries Workshop on Thursday, January 24th at 7 pm in Caylor Auditorium. At the end of the talks we will be giving a 5 minute or so presentation on the work we will be conducting on striped bass in MS. I encourage you to attend.

Fisheries Workshop

Thursday, Jan. 24, 2008
7 p.m.
Caylor Auditorium at
The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Research Laboratory
703 East Beach Drive
Ocean Springs, Miss.
Admission: Free
Schedule of topics and speakers
  • Mississippi Spotted Seatrout - Read Hendon, Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL)
  • Management Considerations for Tripletail - Jim Franks, GCRL
  • Federal Management Issues - Dr. Tom McIlwain, Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council
  • SPEC Program Update - Dr. Reg Blaylock, GCRL
  • Emergency Disaster Relief Program (EDRP) Fisheries Data Collection - Matt Hill, Department of Marine Resources
  • Mississippi Coastal Shark Update - Dr. Eric Hoffmayer, GCRL
There will be refreshments and door prizes!

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.