Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Saco River Water Temp

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  skubasteve 
#1 ·
The water is getting warmer!:icon_smile: That's very good news as any day now we should start seeing signs of Shad in the river. The water was 50 degrees today at 2pm(high tide at 5pm) on the float at Camp Ellis. Just 2 weeks ago it was 47 before the rain. Heard that people were catching Atlantics on their Sabaki Rigs but didn't see any of that. Getting restless! It can't be long they are already catching Stripers at Plum Island Sound!

#3 ·
half tide last Thursday, water temp in the Merrimack was 54... we've been catching fish for two weeks now..
That's great! Hopefully they'll hop on 95 and get here soon. I was exspecting to start catching fish once the temp hit 50 degrees as thats been the "trigger" point here in the past but then again the "calendar" is about 4 weeks early for that temp in this area. I believe thats why they aren't here yet. Thanks for the info!

#5 ·
I agree Hyper! I think this weekend we might get some schoolies either off the pier or up at the dam. Either way I'll be sure to scope it out and let you know as well. FYI: I've been watching the ocean side off the jetty for schools of baitfish but there has been nothing there as of yet. I haven't check the temp on the ocean side either but the buoy's are reading like 46-48 from what I'm told.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.