Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Brand New 704Z

Tags
704z brand
3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  pickeles 
#1 ·
Since it don't take much to get me excited, I'm excited about just picking up a brand spanking new Penn 704Z in the original box, with the original receipt. It was originally bought in April, 1989. The guy never even put line on it. Now I need to figure out if I'm going to fish it, or just look at it.:banana:

#2 ·
Thats a Beautiful machine....Put the bailess kit on it. if you dont fish it you will just end up buying more to add to the collection.
The Choice is yours and yours alone.

#6 ·
Good luck with it Rick - You will like it
Always was my favorite reel.
Still is - except for the real expensive ones.
I usually give away a greenie or two for Christmas
I think maybe Ill hold onto the 3 or 4 I have left.
In the past the winners dont even bother coming around again.
So why bother?

#7 ·
I been going 704 nuts lately. I picked up a used 704Z from ebay a few weeks ago. It arrived, and was in real good shape. Then I picked up a 704 greenie. It's in good shape and could use a little cosmetic work. And then I came across the new 704 from a guy on Craigs list. The 704 fund is dry.

#9 ·
speakin of 704z, I work with heavy earth moving machines, and have grease tubes for pins. I use this inside the gear box. Paint it on with a brush. Do you really need to go into the gear box of the reel and do anything? I do, but it's all sealed and just seems like something you do every couple of years. I think the grease is MOLY grease which I believe is molybdenum.

#10 ·
Since it don't take much to get me excited, I'm excited about just picking up a brand spanking new Penn 704Z in the original box, with the original receipt. It was originally bought in April, 1989. The guy never even put line on it. Now I need to figure out if I'm going to fish it, or just look at it.:banana:
I say Fish it as you look at it, Life is short Go out with a SMILE.:usa::usa:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.