Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Albemarle Sound
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Albemarle Sound A forum for the Albemarle sound guys

Old 12-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Got to get this forum going again

Tons of boats between the Coast Guard base and Newbegun Creek this afternoon. Someone must know something because there was a 40-50' charter boat from the OBX trolling around with all the little boats. Pretty odd to see that. I went over there and trolled for about a half hour with them and didn't catch any nor did I see anyone else catching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camden JLP View Post
Tons of boats between the Coast Guard base and Newbegun Creek this afternoon. Someone must know something because there was a 40-50' charter boat from the OBX trolling around with all the little boats. Pretty odd to see that. I went over there and trolled for about a half hour with them and didn't catch any nor did I see anyone else catching.
We ended up with 3 that we caught and one that someone gave us. So it was pretty good saturday for us. seem to be getting more and more agressive. one little one just about choked on a 9 inch shad we had out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2767.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	25594  
Old 12-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Official Member

Haven't had the courage to troll my umbrellas at the target yet. Losing a 10 dollar lure is bad enough let alone a 30 dollar one.

Also heard some guys have been catching a few keepers near the goose pond in the north river.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camden JLP View Post
Haven't had the courage to troll my umbrellas at the target yet. Losing a 10 dollar lure is bad enough let alone a 30 dollar one.

Also heard some guys have been catching a few keepers near the goose pond in the north river.
AHEM...................... lost two saturday at the same time, no less. Right in front of another boat-that was embarrassing...

North River prolly too far run for me.....
Old 02-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Official Member

Anyone doing any good lately? I know they are catching them in the rivers but I am going to try it in the sound Sunday morning somewhere. Trying to decide whether to fish back up towards Albemarle Beach and mouths of Chowan/Roanoke or put in at Columbia and fish Bulls Bay, or across towards Perquimans. Pretty much strictly a troller myself so going to cover some water to find a few keepers at least.

Will post back with report.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshorepirate View Post
Anyone doing any good lately? I know they are catching them in the rivers but I am going to try it in the sound Sunday morning somewhere. Trying to decide whether to fish back up towards Albemarle Beach and mouths of Chowan/Roanoke or put in at Columbia and fish Bulls Bay, or across towards Perquimans. Pretty much strictly a troller myself so going to cover some water to find a few keepers at least.

I haven't been down lately, I did get my boat fixed over at Causeway Marina. I'll be out in March or April a couple times. Looking forward to your report Pirate!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshorepirate View Post

I know this post is ironically from last year but I was at the targets Sunday 2/19/2017-- couldn't catch a cold!!!!!!!!!! I was casting gulps which usually work well for me there. Several boats trolled around a few times and rolled out without any hookups...
Old 03-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Striper Hunter

I've been having some luck in Bull Bay. They lay in 9 to 10 ft of water. I usually go from 4pm till dusk. Typical to catch 4 or 5 little ones and eventually strike a 20 incher. Got to be patient and troll a Yozuri. Don't let it out too far to avoid snags.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:10 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanford View Post
I've been having some luck in Bull Bay. They lay in 9 to 10 ft of water. I usually go from 4pm till dusk. Typical to catch 4 or 5 little ones and eventually strike a 20 incher. Got to be patient and troll a Yozuri. Don't let it out too far to avoid snags.

Headed down for a long weekend next week. Hope to get one or two1!! thanks for the update!