Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 STRIPER REPORTs

195K views 810 replies 154 participants last post by  brook trout 
#1 ·
Saw a few people were asking for a 2013 report thread. There you have it. Let's get this season going!
:flyfish:

#4 ·
Had a few friends confirm herring in Coxsackie today in the morning. Going to give it a shot tomo afternoon. No reports of stripers up here just yet. That'll change rather quickly.

#12 ·
Stopped at HH about 12:30 on my way to my bud's birthday party in Delmar, threw the sabiki in a few times. nothing. wind howling out the s, standing 2 foot waves. 45 deg. nobody there except one guy and his 5 year old kid. kid had gloves on. cold. when I left my buds at 7 pm temp was up to the high 50's but still windy. try tomorrow if the stars align. wind is supposed to die down.

Anybody ever tried giant shiners? Three of them hooked through the eyes?

#13 ·
Tried near glasco Saturday afternoon with blood worms. Couple wacks, nothin specially. Put a good half an hour in with the scap net but no follows. The guys at the marinas haven't even got out yet to scap or gill net. Ill be scoutin the saugerties area for bait all week. Got three days this week mid to high 70s. I'm determined to find herring by next weekend

#15 ·
Just wanted to throw out a big "THANK YOU " to you guys that live down there by the river that keep us up here in the mountians informed on the run 2 1/2 to 3 HR drive for me its nice to have a heads up on the run . Keep up the good work may your lines go tight and your drag sing the song of success.:adore:

#19 ·
me and "the team" have had a good start to the 2013 season down here around the TZ... we have put in a stupid amount of time and have been rewarded with a few good fish to 36"... a TON of cookie cutters on a daily basis but Im not complaining, its a bend in the rod! Still looking for a good movement of sizeable fish. Once they show its time to load up the xterra and hit the road to chase em down!! Love this time of year... its eat, sleep (a few hrs a day if Im lucky) and hunt bass!! a few pictures below... heading to pick up a few flats for the next couple of warm weather days, Ill keep you all posted... Best. Tim

Attachments

#42 ·
Here is a pic of a guy next to me. The fish weighed in at 17lbs/32" caught on Bloods. My son caught a baby striper not worth measuring. Haverstraw Bay Area.
Where was this caught- off the shore or in a boat? I have never seen anyone catch anything in the Haverstraw Bay area that was bigger than 12 inches (off the shore). Going out this Sunday - really need to get something big to get into the summer mood :)

Davetrampoline2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.