Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Pine Point Area Fishing from Boat

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fishn_scarborough 
#1 ·
Recently purchased my first boat - a used 17' center console and have gone out a couple times after trailering to Pine Point boat launch. I live in Scarborough, but relatively new to fishing in Maine. Caught a decent striper trolling the mouth of the river near the jetty my first trip. Last two times skunked due to dense fog and/ or rought seas/ wind. My 2 boys are a little too young and not interested in ocean fishing yet, but if anyone in the area would like to go scout out some stripers and blues with me let me know.

#2 ·
First and foremost, welcome aboard. I live in Old Orchard Beach (approx. 5 minutes from Pine Point) and fish primarily from the beach in Old Orchard and from time to time Pine Point. Try using a tube n' worm if you're trolling the mouth of the river, I've heard of a few cows being caught using this method. Anytime ya wanna get together my friend and do some fishing I'd be more than happy to show you around to a few spots and what not. Shoot me a PM if you're gonna be around this coming weekend maybe we can get together and catch a few.

StriperHyper ~ Will

#3 ·
I'm actually all setup for surf casting as well. Grew up near Cape Cod and always loved casting out into the waves for stripers and blues. Just had to find the diving birds and you were into fish! Tried that up here a few times but good spots were always crowded. Hence the boat :) Going out this evening to explore. (weather permitting). I have no idea where to go, but after looking at the charts I think there's a few spots that look decent.

#5 ·
Haven't been out fishing on the boat much at all lately this summer, but gave it a shot the other evening and at last I ran into a school of Stripers swirling on the surface. At first I thought they were just Sturgeon because they were earlier jumping out of the water all around me. So I threw a live eel right into the swirls to see what would happen and sure enough they were Stripers and very eager to attack the bait within seconds. I would have stayed longer but it was dark/ late and some serious fog was rolling in. Not to mention the mosquitoes were eating me alive :) Only had 2 eels and caught a 30" and a 28" on the same eel. It was still alive but then another fish grabbed it and it came off the hook. Same thing happened to the second eel so I called it a night. Not huge fish but fun on medium/ light spinning gear.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.