Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Official Member

Default Downrigger and Rod Holding Setups

Hello! First, I am new to striper fishing and from what I have learned so far, I cannot wait to get out and try my luck! It seems like a great sport and something different from the years of bass and crappie fishing that I have done.

I have a Ranger Reata 1850 and it does have the tubular handrails (for lack of the correct term) on both sides of the boat. I do have some rod holders attached there that will hold rods out to the sides of the boat. I saw some pictures of a frame system that attached to the rails and extened across the rear of the boat where a guy had some downriggers and a few more rod holders attached where all of the lines went straight off the back of the boat. The frame system attached to the railing and did not need any other holes or mounts attached to the boat. I did some searching and I have yet to track down any manufacturers.

Could I get some pictures or links to places that sell such a product? Pictures of your setup would be great as well!

Thanks!!!

Andy