Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM
bigbucks

Default natural striper corridors

Hello, the reason why i'm putting this thread up is to help the new striper fishermen from a boat catch fish without condgesting other fishermen. first you need a depth finder. starting from from shore at 10ft and heading towards middle of river finding the first depth at 25ft. for this reason for me is this is the striper comfort zone where i have caught tons of fish through many years and always pays off. but remember when tide changes so does depth so you need to find that comfort zone again. i dont drift and only anchor because the fish will come through at some point with the females on bottom and males in the upper zone. this is just a little help to seperate the fishermen so everybody can have some space without having to be congested and have a great time. any other information would be great help for our new fishermen. i fish from corning preserve to dam. below i have never fished and is a hole new ball game to me. Be safe and good fishing, Bob
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM
First Mate

Default Re: natural striper corridors

Stripers also like structures. They will hang out above structures (ie bridge pilons) on outgoing tide and below them on incoming tides. They also hang on the channel walls on outgoing tides to wait for the herring as they get pulled into the channel as the tide goes out.

For those in the south where the river is essentially flat with no real channel walls they hang out in the thermocline....where the water temp changes. I've found this to be around 12-18 feet over the years.