Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Nice tide, No signs of fish

Threw a sabaki rig for bait fish.....nothing.....threw a shad for stripers nothing.....bounced a Berkly Gulp Seaworm on a Carolina Rig off the bottom....nothing....Some one then pulled up and ask me if I had any luck then proceeded to tell me that they were starting to catch small schoolies down in the Mousam River. I havent heard of anything being caught in Maine yet, not even down in Kittery. Last night I was the only one fishing, anyone else??
Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Nice tide, No signs of fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Bay View Post
Threw a sabaki rig for bait fish.....nothing.....threw a shad for stripers nothing.....bounced a Berkly Gulp Seaworm on a Carolina Rig off the bottom....nothing....Some one then pulled up and ask me if I had any luck then proceeded to tell me that they were starting to catch small schoolies down in the Mousam River. I havent heard of anything being caught in Maine yet, not even down in Kittery. Last night I was the only one fishing, anyone else??
oh yeah man!! they are around, been bouncing around the coast hittin a bunch of dif spots, heard of fish from piscat to popham!!! they are def hear. low numbers right now but herring and shad are out and about!!! saw some schoolies gettin pulled in to shore!! sleepless night time!!!! this next week should be bringin in the numbers. went down to the cape cod canal 2 weeks ago and got my first one!!! only 26in so i let him go! they are definatly around gotta fight for em! should be another good season! ill keep updates! tight lines gentlemen!!1 always looking to hook up with some new fishing buddies as well!!!! lets get em!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Official Member

Stripers in the river - Saco bay area. Small, but many.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Young salt

There are fish around, and NOT just small ones either....not a ton of big gals but they're around. Bait fish can be found in decent numbers in certain spots, at certain times of the day. Shad have been running the rivers for weeks now, maybe longer. Camp Ellis has already seen it's fair share of stipers taken, though that seems to have slowed down a little as of late. A guy walked off the jetty the other day with a bucket full of mackerel. Fish nearing 40" (and a few loose reports of fish over 40") have already been caught below the dam in the Saco. I pulled in a decent-sized, 28" striper on a bucktail last Monday myself and saw a few other smaller schoolies caught as well. Nothing to report as of yet off the beaches, I've tried a couple/few times so far. Small plugs are probably the way to go this early in the season, rubber shad, needlefish, bucktails, tins, things of that nature. I heard ya can't fish Saco Island anymore, posted as of last week with No Trespass signs. I dont fish down there a ton but it's a great early-season spot if ya hit it at the right time/tide. Get out there and get 'em fellas, they are definitely around and have been for almost a month now.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Official Member

They are here, caught 5 schoolies at the mouth of the mousam on monday right at low tide from the beach. One may have been 19in...
Old 05-26-2012, 03:05 AM
NukinFuts

Yes, the fish are here in better numbers than from a week or two ago. The Mackerel are in close now as well, and so are Sand Eels, also a few silver sides. The season is here, so go out and start enjoying it.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Young salt

Finally seeingt signs of life off the beaches as well here in Southern Maine. I picked up a short Friday night (didn't even bother measuring) and my buddy landed a real nice 34", fat from head to tail. I didn't get out last night but I got the report, 4 more fish landed and a handful of others lost, biggest was 31" and the others were mostly slot. Bait is in as heavy as I've seen in years, even heard reports of some bluefish around but haven't seen any myself. Good luck this season gents, keep them reports comin!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Official Member

Caught 3 slot length and one that may have been over but she got off at my feet in the surf. Good day, bait every where.

I kept one, she was gorged with fish.