Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Striper Hunter

Thumbs down fishing help...

well i have my new pole and reel and i can cast a lot further thank goodness no luck cathing anything! ive fished the best spot in my area where guys are cathcing them left and right..... ive used bloods bunker...the whole time im fishing with a fish finding rig.... no luck at all....anyone have any pointers for me or any tips on catching these dang fish!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Young salt

Default Re: fishing help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
well i have my new pole and reel and i can cast a lot further thank goodness no luck cathing anything! ive fished the best spot in my area where guys are cathcing them left and right..... ive used bloods bunker...the whole time im fishing with a fish finding rig.... no luck at all....anyone have any pointers for me or any tips on catching these dang fish!

I've been reading your posts and it sounds like you're doing everything right. The only other suggestion I can give ya is to float them sand/blood worms two a at a time. First worm go in thru the head between the pinchers, feed onto the hook a few inches covering the majority of the shank, pull through and allow the rest of the worm to hang. Second worm go a few inches down from the head thru the back and come out through the head between the pinchers (like you're hanging it on a hanger). I don't usually have my float all the way down to the hook but rather a few inches up to keep them off bottom. Depending on the surf, a 3-4 oz pyramid sinker on a slide should be fine (3 oz if it's flat calm/fairly calm and 4 oz if a little rougher). Other than that man, not to sound cliche, but ya just gotta put the time in and the fish will come. Another thing that can be effective if you're not on the bite is to switch up your casting distance. I've seen it too many times, guys think they have to cast out to China to catch fish and that's not always true. If ya go an hour, two hours whatever without so much as a bite, reel in, check your bait to make sure it still looks good (this isn't an issue most of the time when floating worms, crabs don't really bother ya but smaller baitfish etc will still rip ya off) and then lob a cast out just past the first breaker. Keep a close eye on your rod if fishing shallow/deadsticking, ya won't have much line out meaning the fish will feel resistance that much quicker and try to make a quicker, more powerful run. Hope this helps man, good luck and thank you for your service.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Official Member

Default Re: fishing help...

Casey....You didn't say what the others were using to catch fish...Its possible to catch more fish with lures or plugs, because you cover more area...Don't be shy, ask questions..most fellow fishermen will set you on the right tract...Look at the rigs they're using..It'll save you a lot of time for the next trip...jim