Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Young salt

Default Re: Finding so called friends in your honey holes!

Not to jack your thread man but I am in a similar (yet completely different) situation here in Old Orchard Beach. It has been brought to my attention by my fishing buddy, the guy I fish with 99% of the time, that a group of surfers are "looking to have a chat with me." Now before I go and profess my innocence, I will state that I am anything but innocent, but I dont think I'm wrong either. I have a VERY low tolerance for ignorance, and IMO that is exactly what these guys are, IGNORANT. If I show up down the beach and see a bunch of guys surfing, I will go out of my way to make sure I am far enough away that I'm not interfering with them. However, when I am already down the beach fishing, they will think nothing of starting a little ways down from me and eventually end up directly in front of me, falling off their boards and crashing into my line. I have had words with a few of them before but they continue with their arrogance, so I took it to another level. What I do now is just keep on fishing, exactly where I was fishing before, like they're not even there. They get pissed as 4-5 oz pyramid sinkers whiz by their general direction and they throw their hands up in disgust like I'M the asshole. I stand my ground and on a couple of occasions have shouted obscenities at them to get the f**k outta my way as I was here first. It's a big beach, 7 miles long to be exact, so why they have to come and surf in that one spot is beyond me. The guy at the surf shop with whom my buddy spoke to asked, and I quote, "Why do you guys have to fish in THAT spot on the beach?" to which he replied "Hey man, we just fish here 'cause it's right in front of our house." So please tell me, am I wrong in this instance? Should I just suck it up and move if I've already been fishing for however long, 5 minutes, an hour, 5 hours just because these chowder heads feel like they own every wave and inch of the beach? Could I have handled the situation better? Yeah I suppose I could have, but to me it's a blatant act of disregard and disrespect.

P.S. If any one of them had taken 2 minutes to come and talk to me, I would have no problem packing up and moving a little ways down the beach. They claim the "area" I fish in is prime wave territory (or so my buddy tells me) but to me, it looks about the same up and down the beach....but what do I know?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:23 PM
living in a van down by the river

That's as bad as when a boat parks or trolls right over your lines when your fishing from your favorite shoreline .
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Striper Hunter

Ain't that the truth. But your own friends Rape you. WTF. It's not a stranger sitting there. I'm guessing I'm not much of a friend, he dosnt understand what fishing means to me, or he's just that stupid.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Old Salt
Team Leader
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks View Post
hey DBIG, got to tell u a true story. on that opening day of bow hunting heading to my ground blind my brother and i were walking in just getting light when my friends friend who was in my blind said your to late i just hit a big one. thats where i almost had a heartatack. i said are u serious lol.(not funny) well yes i was mad but i said nice (NOT REALLY IN MY HEAD). well i said good luck and kept walking to find another spot to hunt.well it was killing me to find out if he got it. so about 10am i got up and started walking back and met my friend and had a few words to say. when walking a big buck stood up about 25yds away and stood looking at me.i slowly nocked a arrow and shot him right behind the shoulder. lol well what happend to be was that was the buck he shot at and he hit him high above the spine splitting that bone above the spine not paralizing him but really close. the buck took off and dropped about 75yds. it was a big 125 inch 9pt. as i was dragging the buck with my brother. my friends friend saw us with it and said is that the buck i shot (lol) i said yea but your to late you only grazed him and no you didn't get him i did and was he mad lol. should i have giving him that buck hell no. did i feel bad hell no again. just thought you could use the laugh. have a good one. bob
Lol.. almost pal....... my wife and i were fishing bait on the beach when my rod bends to the sand.a gent twenty yards away was casting a tin and snagged my line. fought the fish in and took the hook out.kept the fish after an ensuing discussion with said goog. "That's my fish he proclaims". I am like "no,
You lost your tin either on my line or some other way. Furious,,,,, he examines my fish looking for his tin hanging in or around it's mouth. Now i normally would have let it go but,,, my wife was so annoyed with this jackass that i spitefully kept it and lifted it up to show it off to others. He walks away mumbling "if you find a tin in it's belly you will know it was mine ."take off pal" is all i said. My wife said to me he obviously wants it just give it to him. I said "over my dead body" he's a scootch and a jerkoff., he gets squat. Takes all kinds. Great hunting story.....
Old 04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_4_breakfast View Post
That's as bad as when a boat parks or trolls right over your lines when your fishing from your favorite shoreline .
Even my fishing buddy doesn't get it, but to me, it's a simple matter of right and wrong. He got me all fired up last night, sometimes I swear he does it on purpose. He says "If I'm fishing and they fall off their board and into my line, I just let it sit there, they're not gonna cut 65 lb braid or step on my hook or anything. . . . . " to which I responded, "That's not the point, if they are there surfing when I show up to fish, I move down and out of there way, it's common courtesy.....when you lose a big fish because they're in the way, crashing into your line, you gonna be so understanding then?" Don't tell me some sob story about the waves being the biggest right there or sing some kumbaya song about sharing the water 'cause I don't wanna hear it. Like I said, simple matter of common courtesy, common sense and respect for your fellow man far as I'm concerned!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff_Rider View Post
I always find it funny when people think they have some sort of "right" to spots on the river, next time write your name on the water. Instead of fighting with your friend, maybe try fishing next to him and enjoying your friend's company. You're not a charter, you're not trying to make a living off this, it's a hobby with a great fishery that is a blessing to have. You should relax and enjoy yourself and your friends rather than getting pissed at every small thing that isnt done the way you would like it.

Makes me wonder if they also think they own the fish caught in their HONEY HOLE. Theres only one true HONEY HOLE , and it's not on the river ,lmao
Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Striper Hunter

Sorry that your friends stole your honey hole....but at least you didnt come home from a long day of fishing to find your friends with your ol lady. LOL sorry had to throw that out there....

Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Striper Hunter

Atleast not that I know about! He's grimy enouph that I wouldn't put it past em.