Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Chinese Braid ?

I'm thinking of trying out the braid coming out of China on my spinning rigs for Stripers in 40-50lb. Has anyone tried it out and if so any problems, you can't beat the price $40ish for a 1000 meters. It's 100 % Dyneema looks like either 5-6 strand. I've talked to guys that use it on conventional reels and love it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 01:05 AM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Default Re: Chinese Braid ?

You get what you pay for....your line is one of the single most important things between you and the biggest fish of your life.

Id invest in some better line. I like power pro personally, and although it may cost more than mono and cheaper braided lines...it lasts a long time. Hell, if it ever starts to show signs of being "old" i can just reverse it on my spool.

Thats just my opinion....
Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Striper Hunter

Brain thanks, all I've used is Sufix Performance for years. I'm looking for someone that has tried the Chinese. I may buy it in a few days and see, if it turns out to be junk, if so I'm out about $30ish the cost of one spool of Sufix, if not good deal ??? Thanks for your imput.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Let us know how you like it. There's a good chance it will get the job done and then some.

Im just a bit hesitant trying something new out when it could cause me a headache or a lost fish. If it aint broken...dont fix it lol. But with tons of new fishing products coming out almost daily it can be important to check out the newest things.

Again let us know what you think....im interested in how it performs.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Old Salt
Team Leader
Pro Staff

There must be dozens of chinese/japanese/korean dyneema brands collectively. If one were to research the asian market and find THEE best brand? I'd be suspect it would cost the same as here if not more. I won't personally buy anything from china directly but that's just me. Enough crap is coming into this country as it is. To each his own. If however you'd want to be the chinese dyneema guinea pig then we are always all ears as to the specifics of field tested crap.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
I'm thinking of trying out the braid coming out of China on my spinning rigs for Stripers in 40-50lb. Has anyone tried it out and if so any problems, you can't beat the price $40ish for a 1000 meters. It's 100 % Dyneema looks like either 5-6 strand. I've talked to guys that use it on conventional reels and love it. Thanks
I'm amazed all I asked if you have used Chinese Braid. All I got was peoples opinions, and Chinese haters, who if they looked at all their tackle would be surprised what their using. I hope not Van Staal/Zee Baas most large manufacters lures and terminal tackle come from overseas some where, What ever you do don't shop at WalMart for anything or your a fraud.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Old Salt
Team Leader
Pro Staff

My appologies for being a bigot.. also for not answering "no, i have not tried chinese bought dyneema line". And don't be so sensitive about it. Nobody is out to get you or insensitive to your question.(well maybe me). Post this in the Cali. Forum as the west coast guys prolly have used it.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Striper Hunter

Thanks Zimno and others, thats all I'm looking for yes or no. I know there's a good chance it could be junk, if it's junk I'll take up kite flying with gloves. If it turns out good I'll let you all know. Besides this won't be the first thing I blew $40.00 on when it comes to fishing.