Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. > Stripers 101 - Sticky Threads
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: What makes a good striped bass fisherman

Now everyone is going to have an different opion on what makes a good Striper fisherman. And I agree with all of the above. Here's my 2 cents lol

Each day is like a new blank canvas, conditions change from day to day and even if you have to similar weather days the tides are a bit later the following day so there can never be the exact same conditions. So when I get to my spot I anyalize the conditions, look for bait, a splash, birds, wind, current is and one else catching and if so what are they doing? Time of year what have a caught here before and on what lure or bait?

So what makes a good Striper Fisherman adaptability, being able to use several different methods or lures to match the hatch and conditions. Being prepared and having the right tackle. Intel on the area that they are working and a good network of friends to talk about stragady and what's working. I find this is the key to finding the who what when why and where to catching Stripers. Respecting the sport and the fish and most of all having fun doing this. Your not always going to come back with a fish or the right fish but it's all a learning curve I'm still learning and am open to new ideas.

BOAT FISH COUNT MAMA MIA FISHING
Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
First Mate

Default Re: What makes a good striped bass fisherman

lures and baits aside, if your good,its a given.If your good, ya gotta catch fish,like roc says they dont gotta be monsters.havin the fish is 1st, scoutin, and timing are some of the keys,,,,,hey but ya gotta catch fish, not everytime,,,but most of the time lol