Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm a banned douchebag.

Wink 3/22 Morning report.

Left the house 5:30 am picked up some clams at my bait shop that now has Fresh Bunker as promised. I will stick with clams till the Bunker spawn is over and the Bunker spread out in the area. right now the bass are bunched around these areas. and have not spread out. I would say another week. and the bay shore should open up. Most areas are dead Nada. and very short bass in others. I fished with some 16 guys spread out with 1 bass say 14" was caught and released about 8:15am till after 9:30 his twin was caught 14". maybe the same one (:. There was one kayak fishing the area it was spooky in the fog. but maybe 100 yds visibilty in every direction I was getting a bit chilled so I walked and spoke with the guys, most had the same stories. I gave my left over clams away after no hits and left about 10:15am. I stopped by 2 other areas and things were also very quite. The water was flat calm with a south breeze starting ( No Help ). Maybe Friday evening I will give it a try 2 before 3 after. worm digging has been so so. but only one guy I know has tried. Well time for a shower and a nap. then pick up my 2 grand sons 4-5 from Pre school. The oldest got his first bass last spring And yes he cast and hooked and landed it by him self 27" was mad that he had to throw it back but now under stands why. hes a APP star after they posted his photo in the fishing section. Well have questions just PM me Bill
Old 03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Official Member

Default Re: 3/22 Morning report.

Hey bill was down in your Hot spot with nothing no bites at all then went to ub with the same but tons of people lol. Then said screw it and went back up north to hudson river and got my 1st of the season and a few white Perch!! All in all great day and a great tan! !
Old 03-22-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm a banned douchebag.

ROCK I only saw maybe 15 guys That is far from over crowded they were all centered in front of the entrance at UB. Crowded is when there is no parking left. what time were you there.Bill
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Official Member

Cwb was kinda crowded say 25-35 people was there by 8, then headed over to ub for a hour. Then headed back north but did get my 1st striper :)
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm a banned douchebag.

OK. I gave up the first spot. the natives are not friendly. I rather not catch anything then put up with that BS. its a very big body of water to crowed one spot like they do. Glad to hear u got fish I was skunked once again I was going to hit the High tide this eve. But I am bushed. maybe the forecast for some weather tomorrow will be better. But I got to see the tax man in the morn. And I hate to fish the week ends, being retired I skip the mob scene. but may a shot in the front will work out. between --------- and ---------- but no hook its been a no fish area but for one spot. as always. Bill
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Striper Hunter

Thanks for the report
Old 03-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Administrator
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Boy View Post
OK. I gave up the first spot. the natives are not friendly. I rather not catch anything then put up with that BS. its a very big body of water to crowed one spot like they do. Glad to hear u got fish I was skunked once again I was going to hit the High tide this eve. But I am bushed. maybe the forecast for some weather tomorrow will be better. But I got to see the tax man in the morn. And I hate to fish the week ends, being retired I skip the mob scene. but may a shot in the front will work out. between --------- and ---------- but no hook its been a no fish area but for one spot. as always. Bill
This is why we don't mention specific spots on the public forum. Many many more people read posts here than are actively posting, and when someone posts that fish are being caught at a certain spot, don't be surprised if you get crowded out. It is ridiculous that people chase reports like that, but they do, and keeping location specific info on the down low is the only thing you can do to help prevent it.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 AM
First Mate

When people ask me where I fish I just say in the ocean.... I walk the entire beach and have no real spots.. usually works
Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm a banned douchebag.

And to add to all this All my posts will no longer give any locations. The news papers write a report about who caught what and where that comes to them by bait shops. Who make money selling bait. The Guys that bring in the fish say where they caught the fish. BS I know for a fact that most always say a spot to distract guys from the real locations. I have always shared information but seems times have changed. I will continue to share my help and Tackle on the Beaches as I have always done Many know me for that. BUT What has happened. Bill
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Striper Hunter

" loose lips lose fish ! "
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm a banned douchebag.

I thought dull hooks lost fish. And circle hooks are better. Bill
Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Administrator
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Boy View Post
And to add to all this All my posts will no longer give any locations. The news papers write a report about who caught what and where that comes to them by bait shops. Who make money selling bait. The Guys that bring in the fish say where they caught the fish. BS I know for a fact that most always say a spot to distract guys from the real locations. I have always shared information but seems times have changed. I will continue to share my help and Tackle on the Beaches as I have always done Many know me for that. BUT What has happened. Bill
If anyone has a problem with the rules on this forum, tough beans. Play by our rules if you want to play here. Complaining about it isn't going to get you anywhere. I don't give a crap what other forums, tackle shops, media outlets, etc post. The rules regarding posting information about specific fishing locations here on Stripers247 have been made clear many times and will be enforced. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm a banned douchebag.

Jake what rule says the any spots can not be mentioned where does it say that.