Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Storm damage

Tags
damage storm
3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Techguy 
#1 ·
Just got off of the phone with my fishing partner, he's working on PI today,after giving the thumbs up on my boat(as well as others at our marina) he proceded to tell me about the grounded sailboats on 1/2 tide rocks and another on Joppa flats,McKenzies marina was evacuated and the outside docks recieved some damage, he went on to tell me that there was sand all the way to the cross roads just before the PI bridge that required a bulldozer to clear,he further stated that there was a sailboat in the road being removed by another bulldozer,asw ell as others capsized in the basin.. hopefull everyone on the Island made it through the storm safely,this mornings high tide should be the last one we need to worry about for awile...tonight back to fishing.....At least long enough to recharge my boat's house battery.
:roll:

#8 ·
Nasty storm that just wouldn't go away. The little fishing village, Camp Ellis, down the road from where we have our beach house in Maine, was on the National News yesterday. The storm surge wiped out the road. I spoke with one on my buddies, who has a house and boat building shop in Camp Ellis. He told me that for 3 straight nights they got battered. He was out each night clearing seaweed from the storm drains. One of the larger trawlers, moored in the mouth of the Saco river, broke free from its mooring and wiped out a good section of the public dock. I'll be headed up later on today to check out the house. We're situated on one of the highest spots along the barrier island, so I don't expect any damage.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.