Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Lake Mohave Nevada

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Rkoch 
#1 ·
LAKE MOHAVE: Striper fishing is fair to good along mile markers 23 and 24 on cut anchovies. Bruce Withier, Riverside, landed 33 stripers to 2-0 on cut anchovies. Largemouth action has been fair in most coves. Top baits have been plastics or Senkos. Most fish are averaging 1-0 to 2-8, and fish to 4-0 have been landed. For more information, call Cottonwood Cove at (702) 297-1464.

Nevada Div of wildlife

#2 ·
LAKE MOHAVE:
The action for trout continued to be fair for boaters in the Willow Beach area over the weekend. NDOW creel census clerks saw a 19-pound striper that was caught in the area over the weekend by a boater.
Sally Brooms of Searchlight Boat and RV Storage said a pair of boaters had excellent luck for small stripers on Saturday night north of Cottonwood Cove. They caught approximately 70 stripers with anchovies, including five that were more than 20 inches in length. Most of the fish ranged 15-16 inches

#3 ·
LAKE MOHAVE: The action for rainbow trout was fair at Willow Beach following last week's plant, although the fish were smaller than what have been stocked recently. This week's plant was scheduled for today.
Striped bass are being caught above and below Cottonwood Cove with anchovies and squid. The better area is around the narrows above Cottonwood. Fish continue to be small with most weighing a pound or less.

#4 ·
Lake Mohave Stripers-Fishing but not Catching

I'm new to striper fishing. Have been using cut anchovies on Lake Mohave mainly around the wires south of Willow Beach and then just north of Davis Dam. Like I say I am using cut anchovies but cannot get any strikes, even though my graph is showing fish all over the place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Or, what am I doing wrong??????
Dick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.