Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fine for taking under size strip bass or fine for taking above limit

18K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
what exactly is the fine for taking an undersize strip bass or more than your limit in the state of new york long island i was told any thing from 250 to 5000

#2 ·
I believe its a criminal offense desk ticket. At least in NYC it is. Up to the judge's discretion. I was told by a fisherman who's Asian freinds said the fine is $100 per fish in Kings county. But Thats Brooklyn.
The Dec can also confiscate the offenders gear.

#8 ·
The question is legit - we cant assume someones taking shorties because he asks a question about the fine.
There's no need to trade barbs - and get off on the wrong foot.
Welcome to the site Dl.

#9 ·
:welcomeaboard: My friend, learn about the regulations, and you won't need to worry about what the fines are. Just know your business.
I have never thought about a fine and I've been doing this for many years.
thumbsup.gif

#12 ·
Dl did you come here to stir up trouble? Just asking. Its not always clear about what a new guys intentions are. Usually the agenda is to try to gain the respect from the old salts not crack wise with them.
That kind of question will elicit responses like that because we hate poachers. We are all conservation minded. Not saying we dont keep bass but taking short fish in the striped bass communities - the punishment is worse than any fine could be.
Of course I wasn't assuming that you are a poacher. I'm sure you were asking just so you know the regs.

#13 ·
i did not come here to stir up trouble but only ask a question and seek an answer. many of the regulations make no sense as you know for example the size limit for fluke between ny ct and nj . everyone that fishes has seen people taking what appears to be undersize fish at one time or another

#14 ·
I called you a poacher just to bust your balls about the comment you made. I don't know you but I'm sure your not a poacher. If you have searched this site before posting you would have realized there are alot of good people here included 1 that you called out. Everyone is here to help each other out. And they are also here to joke, vent and express their own opinions. There is also a section to introduce yourself before posting. Stick around relax and join the fun.:cheers:

#15 ·
i donot get it .striper jim says i should not crack wise with the old salts but you said its ok to joke around i could care less about getting the respect of some old salt and its ok to break my balls and iam very relaxed is this to serious of a question to answer with out getting all emotional

#16 ·
dlclarke said:
i could care less about getting the respect of some old salt and its ok to break my balls and iam very relaxed is this to serious of a question to answer with out getting all emotional
It would be nice to know who you are first before we joke around. The serious question was answered but i think you took it personally.
Your first response apparantly was deleted by a moderator because you got defensive. We have a no tolerence policy for nonsense here.
Thats up to you whether you respect the old salts or not. You can ask another question and see if you get any answers.
Question asked and answered.
Im closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.