Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Do you use snap swivels when fishing Lures?

• Hell No

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • With everything except bucktails

Votes: 10 15.4%

Snap Swivels with Lures

13K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Tman1 
#1 ·
Sorry the poll got screwed up in the first post. Please dont ban me for life

#4 ·
I like the quick change aspect and some lures have a better action. I only use Duolock SZ4 or Breakaway Fast Links F11,on a 3ft shock line of 50lb with a 250lb barrel. I check them frequently to see if they have opened or sprung allowing the line/knot or lure to slide out, which was happen to me with fish on just a knot on the end.

#10 ·
I have been surf fishing non seriuosly on and off for about 30 years.

My brother has a friend that told me about these fast snaps and they are much better than the standard snaps for fishing plugs. I have read about alot of people recommending them and now see them in all of the tackle shops.

My question is how do you uses these properly. To mee the name just doesn't make sense as it has taken me upwards of 20 minutes to change plugs. Can any one direct me to a video that shows the proper way of using these things.

Last night I got so frustrated that I ended up cutting the snap off and tieing my plug to the leader.

Thanks in Advance!

#14 ·
I dont recall what size now,but I can tell ya it is was some big girls broke em every incident early in the spring up the Susky working against heavy river current.But I also had big hooks and wire leader break too.Some of these fish were way big probably 45+.I had one fail this C&K season upperbay on a popper.I fish everyday and use so many setups I just dont keep track of things like I used to SORRY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.