Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Where to fish Plum Island

Tags
fish plum
7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Roccus 
#1 ·
Hey all! I plan on taking advantage of the info you all have givin me in my last post regarding "casting for distance". I actually have improved with some practice and a few of the techniques you have shared with me. I haven't caught much yet this year, few shorts, but still in search of my first keeper!

I'm heading up to Plum Island next week and will be fishing off the shore. was wondering if anybody could tell me where there are good areas to wet my line.
I have never been up that way, but heard it is a hot place to seek out some keepers!

Thanks again for all the info! :wtg:

#3 ·
K-9,
Plum Islands got alot to offer,fish cut bait,sandeels or worms on the bottom in the river from the old coastgaurd station(by capt. fishing parties)along the sand spit on out to the jetty the last two hours of the outgoing and the first two hours of the incoming tide, at night ,live eels drifted along the base of the jetty might get you a cow...

Along the plum island beach from the jetty south to the boarder of the reservation, top three hours of the incoming and first half of the outgoing sand eels,worms or cut herring or mackerel on a fishfinder rig with a float has a shot at a decent bass.... the far end of the reservation is emerson rocks and the entrance to plum island sound the whole area is good from low tide up....are you there for the week?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.