Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

In Memory of John D. Norton, Fisherman

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jon006 
#1 ·
John D. Norton, a longtime Striped Bass fisherman at the Troy Dam, died suddenly at his home in Mass. this past Saturday, 3/28/09. He was my friend, and a real fishing enthusiast. John knew everybody on the river, and was one of the most popular and colorful figures at "The Wall".....

For years, he fished the "Outside Wall" using his canoe. His trademark was that of a "bugle salute" every day upon his departure from the river. How I hated that horn, but the sweet sound of those passing notes will live in our hearts forever.

If you knew him, you had to love him. He'd give a complete stranger the shirt off his back. He was our Good Will Ambassador at The Wall.

The link to his obituary and photo are below. If you knew him, you can sign the "Guest Book" and enter a short note.

Goodbye my friend.... I will miss our conversations, but linger not, for I know I will find you on the beach.

Till the next high tide

Thebluesman5748

http://www.legacy.com/TimesUnion-Alb...onId=125648610

See less See more
#4 ·
Very sad and touching tribute to your fallen comrade bluesman. May his memory live on and his presence from above guide you in your future endeavors both in the surf and abroad. Sorry for your loss.

StriperHyper ~ Will

#5 ·
Sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace John, I hear all the Stripers in Heaven are 70 pounders.

#8 ·
A heartfelt thank you to all you anglers who posted condolence here.

I was touched by your sense of compassion and caring.

As a tribute to John, I've decided to design a new jig, which I will appropriately call...... "The Norton"

I can already hear the results...... "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Have a great season.

Till the next high tide...

Thebluesman5748

#9 ·
Post a picture of that jig! Were all interested to see what you came up with!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.