to UPLOAD: please register or login

Captain Pat

Popular Connecticut boat captain, outdoor writer and striper fishing enthusiast, Captain Pat is well known for his innovative light tackle trolling techniques. He is the creator and owner of T-Man Custom Tackle, LLC.

Search This Blog

July 11, 2013

Daytime Stripers

by Captain Pat "T-Man" Renna

Up until the recent 4th holiday our bass bite here on the eastern CT shoreline has been tough during daylight hours. All of the rain has stained the sound with runoff from our major rivers and actually held water temps back a bit. But that has all changed since Independence Day with a fresh concentration of medium size stripers invading our waters. Many of these fish are still sporting sea lice on their bellies!! We have scored some with diamond jigs and done even better with live scup. But, by far the best action has been with my T-Man Stripers Tubes and Keels while light tackle trolling in 20-30ft of water. Although I have been manufacturing theses lures for close to 10 years now, every once in a while the effectiveness of the tube & worm still amazes me. This week we had two days straight where every pass produced a keeper fish with many passes yielding doubles that set us all dancing around the deck. Most fish were 20 pound class with a few +40" 30 pounders mixed in. So if you're spending your time doing those long summer fluke drifts take a break around slack tide periods and try dragging some tubes over the local reefs. Bubblegum tubes on braided line have been absolutely deadly!!

Comments (1)

mrVega1 wrote 4 years ago

right on, I wish I had a boat so I don't be fishing from the rocks and spending money on bait. good fishing guys!

Post a Comment

You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!
© 2011 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise