to UPLOAD: please register or login

Chris Grech

Chris Grech is the Product Editor for Allcoast Media. products@noreast.com

Search This Blog

July 29, 2015

DEC and State Parks Offer Free Fishing Clinic at Hempstead Lake State Park

by Chris Grech

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) I FISH NY program, in cooperation with New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, & Historic Preservation, will offer a free freshwater fishing clinic on Saturday, August 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hempstead Lake State Park, McDonald Pond.

Free loaner fishing rods supplied by I FISH NY will be available for use at the clinic. Bait will be supplied by New York State Parks. The event begins with basic instruction on freshwater fish species, fishing regulations and casting techniques. The standard $8 parking fee for Hempstead Lake State Park will remain in effect, but access is free with the Empire Passport.

Space is limited; please call I FISH NY at (631) 444-0283 to pre-register. Visit DEC's website for more information the I FISH NY program. For information about freshwater fishing on Long Island, call the Bureau of Fisheries at (631) 444-0280.

This is a Free Fishing Clinic so no fishing license is needed for this event.

What: Freshwater Fishing Clinic
Where: Hempstead Lake State Park, McDonald Pond
When: Saturday, August 1, 2015
Time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Who: I FISH NY, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, & Historic Preservation
Details: This event begins with basic instruction on freshwater fish species, fishing regulations, and casting techniques. Loaner rods and free bait will be available to participants. Pre-registration is required.
Cost: $8 parking fee; free with Empire Passport
Sponsors: I FISH NY, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, & Historic Preservation

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!
© 2011 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise