Search This Blog

Recent Comments

Categories

Recent Posts

Archives

July 15, 2016

Free Fishing Clinics in Sayville on Thurs 7/21/16 and Sunday 7/31/16

by Chris Grech

On Thursday 7/21/16 at 5:30pm, Sayville Marine Park on Foster Ave in Sayville will host a great Free Fishing Clinic. This public event, cosponsored with the Town of Islip, will teach participants how to fish, as part of the I FISH NY lesson plan and mission. Basic instruction will focus on fish identification, ecology, fishing techniques, freshwater fishing regulations and stewardship practices. I FISH NY will provide instruction, equipment and bait free of charge. This is a great family event for children and adults of all ages. For more information please contact Bob McCormack at robert.mccormack@dec.ny.gov

On Sunday 7/31/16, another Free Saltwater Fishing Clinic will be held at Sayville Marine Park. Participants will learn saltwater fish identification, local aquatic ecology, casting safety, techniques and fishing regulations. Following an educational introduction about saltwater fishing on Long Island, I FISH NY will conduct basic fishing instruction, ecology and stewardship of local aquatic habitats, fish identification, regulations and casting safety and techniques. The I FISH NY program of DEC will provide instruction, rods and bait free of charge.Please register for this event through the Town of Islip at 631-224-5130.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!
© 2011 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise