Search This Blog

Recent Comments

Categories

Recent Posts

Archives

June 12, 2012

Tsunami Aluminum Pliers

by Chris Grech

Tsunami's Aluminum Pliers are a necessity in every angler's tackle box. Aircraft grade ultra-light aluminum, which has been heavily anodized for greater corrosion resistance, makes this 7.5" tool a perfect combo of light weight and durability. Titanium coated stainless steel jaws and replaceable tungsten-carbide cutters mean these pliers are a must have for any situation. The handy coiled tether and clasp mean they will always be handy when the going gets tough. I have been using a Tsunami 7.5" Aluminum Plier for years in a saltwater environment and it is still remains rust free and cuts braid with ease even after extremely heavy use and abuse. They remain a great value.
$34.95
biminibayoutfitters.com

Comments (2)

Cojimar wrote 5 years ago

Have you tried to find replacement tungsten carbide cutters for this pair of pliers? Those are impossible to find which makes this $30 pair of pliers good for garbage...
Furthermore the titanium coated jaws are extremely slippery when unhooking a fish and not very useful...
Please do us a favor and actually use the product for more than 10 minutes rather than copy/paste a PR piece.
Some editorial work...

Chris Grech wrote 5 years ago

I agree that the replacement cutters are hard to find but I (and many others) disagree with the rest of your comments. Here is what a friend of mine had to say and he asked me to post it for him:

Chris, I saw you recent post on stripers247 about Tsunami pliers. I have had these pliers on my boat for 4 seasons now and they have held up well. Being a charter captain I need tools that can handle consistent abuse and saltwater. Fishing 4 to 6 days a week during our 6 months season I have used these pliers for everything and anything. They are affordable and tough. Out of all my tools they are the only ones that have not rusted. I am not easy on my equipment and these pliers have stood the test of time. They are alittle slick, like one commenter wrote but that is why they also do not corrode and turn into another sinker by the end of one season. I will have a pair on my boat every time the Provider leaves the dock. That's 130 days per year for 4 years = 520 fishing days. I would say that is pretty good testing conditions you can spend your money on wisely on them and not be disappointed.

PROVIDER SPORT FISHING
SHINNECOCK, LI

Post a Comment

You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!
© 2011 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise