Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Time to Give it a Shot

210 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AdminVS 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

by Capt. Steve Byrne

I planned to wait until I had first-hand information to report, but there's enough confirmed action happening to justify an update. With some help from my friends, the boat went in the water Sunday and is now resting comfortably at the dock. I thought that I would be painting a house this weekend, but it turns out I will have to wait a few more days, so…. I think I'll go fishing.

This is the earliest start I've ever had for striped bass, and I'd typically expect schoolies to be on the end of the line at this time of year. However, 2012 is anything BUT typical. Quality bass are being caught on Jersey party boats fishing in the ocean, and by surfcasters and boat guys fishing Raritan Bay.

My game plan is to net bunker and live line. Again, this is not normal for this time of year, but it's what I am going with. I'll give it a few hours and let you know how it works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.